COMPILED BY NATHAN DOMINITZ
To list events, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 912-652-0350.
• Benedictine Summer Baseball Camp, Thursday-Friday, 9 a.m. to noon, Brian Parker Field on campus, 6502 Seawright Drive. For rising second- to fifth-graders. Fee: $50. Registration deadline is tomorrow. Participants should bring bat, glove, helmet, baseball pants, cleats and turf shoes. Space limited to 40 participants. Info: Benedictine coach Kevin Farmer 912-596-8149.
• Calvary Day School’s Middle School Basketball Camp for boys and girls grades 5-8, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 6-8 p.m. Calvary Day School is also offering an Elementary School Basketball Camp for boys and girls grades K-5 on July 31, Aug. 1, Aug. 3, 6-8 p.m. Cost for each camp is $75. Info: Jackie Hamilton 912-663-4130 or Chad Carver 912-659-2364.
• Pooler Recreation Adult Coed Church Basketball League, Aug. 7-Sept. 27. Team fee: $200. Registration June 19-July 31. Info: Chris Kirby 912-748-5776 ext. 703 and email@example.com.
• Sankofa Youth Sports Program seeking volunteer basketball coaches for its AAU 2017 summer session for grades 5-12. Info: 912-210-2594 and leave a detailed message.
• Effingham County Recreation and Parks Baton Camp, July 24-27, 9 a.m. tonoon. Cost: $40 (includes T-shirt). Certified coach Kaci Douglass of the United States Twirling Association. Info: 912-754-6339.
• City of Port Wentworth Leisure Services Department looking for tumbling instructors as well as coaches for youth soccer, volleyball, football and cheerleading. Those interested in volunteering or becoming a member of the Leisure Services Team, call Tiffany Lancaster 912-966-7428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 2017 Georgia Open, The Ford Plantation, Richmond Hill, Aug. 3-6. The top professional and amateur golfers in the state will compete for the title which has been played annually since 1954. Eligibility: Open to current legal residents of the state of Georgia.
• Georgia Open Qualifier at The Club at Savannah Harbor on July 25 (Entry deadline to register is 10 a.m. July 14). Georgia Open 2nd Chance Qualifier at The Ford Plantation on July 31 (Entry deadline to register is 10 a.m. July 30). Register online at georgiapga.com
• 17th annual Savannah Harbor Foundation Charity Golf Tournament, Aug. 18, The Club at Savannah Habor, Westin Savannah Harbor. Lunch at 11 a.m., shotgun start at noon. Proceeds benefit the Coastal Jazz Association and Savannah Harbor Foundation. Info: Dana Schultz 912-201-2009, email@example.com
• 14th annual Robbie Smith Golf Outing, Aug. 12, The Club at Savannah Harbor. Event benefits not-for-profit Hospice Savannah Inc. Shotgun start 9 a.m., four-person scramble. Cost: $100 per person includes lunch, prizes and beverages on course; $125 per person includes two mulligans and more. Register: www.RobbieGolf.com and Kevin Ainsworth 912-655-1933 or Steve Proper 912-660-8046.
• Weichert Realtors — Coastal Properties annual charity golf and tennis tournament, Aug. 26, Oldfield Golf Club, Okatie, S.C. Proceeds benefit the Boys &Girls Club of Hilton Head Island and The First Tee of the Lowcountry. Golf registration opens at 8 a.m., followed by shotgun start at 9 a.m. Tennis registration begins at 11 a.m., play at 11:30 a.m. Info: Maureen Richards 843-341-3700 or Info@WeichertCP.com.
• Women’s Lacrosse Clinic, Coed Goalie Clinic, Women’s Lacrosse Coaching Clinic, July 22-23, Morris Field at Daffin Park. Tuition: $50 if signed up before June 14. Register at www.e6lacrosse.com. Info: Heather Eakins at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Inaugural Moon River Race, Saturday, Rodney J. Hall Boat Ramp (Butterbean Beach), 25 Diamond Causeway, Savannah 31406. Check-in begins at 6:30 a.m., racing at 8 a.m. The kayak and stand-up paddleboard race benefits Ogeechee Riverkeeper and its mission of protecting, preserving and improving the water quality of the Ogeechee basin. Racers paddle four miles total, through the Branches and up the Moon River to a turnaround. There also is a one-mile fun race at 8:15 a.m. for those wanting to try out kayak and SUP racing. Registration: $40. Info: ogeecheeriverkeeper.org/moon-river-race/
• Sixth annual Tunnel to Towers Savannah 5K Run/Walk, Sept. 9, Orleans Square, Savannah. Register: wwwt2trun.org or at Fleet Feet Sports Savannah, 3405 Waters Ave. The Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation honors the legacy of New York City firefighter Stephen Siller and his 342 FDNY brothers who sacrificed their lives on September 11, 2001. Money raised from the Tunnel to Towers Savannah 5K will benefit the foundation’s programs including Building for America’s Bravest, which constructs specially adapted Smart Homes for our nation’s most catastrophically injured service members. A portion of the proceeds raised in Savannah will help the 200 Club of the Coastal Empire. Donate at www.crowdrise.com/T2TSavannah2017. Info: facebook.com/T2TSavannah. Public service industry workers, corporate teams and the public are encouraged to register. Tunnel to Towers Run Savannah will also feature The Siller Cup Firefighter Challenge. Teams of four firefighters or more from across the nation can compete in Savannah to take home a traveling trophy and have the opportunity to defend their title in 2018.
• Fifth annual Red Hot Chili Pepper 5K, 7:30 a.m., July 22, Georgia Game Changers Running Company, next to Jalapenos Mexican Restaurant of Richmond Hill at Exchange Plaza. Race benefits Family Promise of Bryan County. Georgia Game Changers is celebrating its fifth year in business, with post-race festivities continuing from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Game Changers Health and Fitness Complex. The Health &Fitness Fair is 9 a.m. to noon. Info: Sandra Elliott 912-445-2163 or email@example.com.
• Bombs Away Sporting Clays fundraiser for the National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force, Sept. 1, Forest City Gun Club, 9203 Ferguson Ave. Registration noon to 2 p.m. Tournament starts at 3 p.m. Cost: $600 for four-person team. After-party with live music, silent auction to follow. Tickets: $25 at mightyeighth.org/bombsaway.
• Lowcountry Annie Oakley’s third annual Charity Clays Tournament, Sept. 29, Forest City Gun Club. Driven Bird Flurry Contest, 11:30 a.m. Registration for 100-shot tournament 1 p.m., followed by shotgun start at 2 p.m. Non-shooters welcome to attend the after part. All proceeds benefit the Kids Only Campaign for the Dwaine &Cynthia Willett Children’s Hospital of Savannah. Info: www.lowcountryannieoakleys. com
• Summer Sports Camp, Woodlawn Baptist Church, Garden City, July 17-21 from 6 to 9 p.m. The camp is open to boys and girls ages 4 though sixth grade. The sport options available to campers are soccer, ultimate (discs), cheerleading and basketball. Cost: $60. Info: Woodlawn Baptist Church 912-964-8676 or go to www.wbcgc.org
• 2017 Benedictine Military School Summer Camps: Middle School Football Camp, Monday-Wednesday, contact Noell Barnidge; Soccer Camp, Monday-Wednesday, contact Charles Moore 912-224-5253 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Cheer Camp, July 24-27, contact Susan Johnson 912-644-7006 or email@example.com; Study Skills Workshop, July 25-27, contact Brennan Lemieux 912-644-6543 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Kevin Farmer.
• 2017 Tumbling/Gymnastics classes, city of Port Wentworth. Instructor: Kayla Vavrasek. Sessions Aug. 1-31; Sept. 5-28; Oct. 3-31; Nov. 1-Dec. 1. Cost: $35 a child per session for residents, $65 for non-residents. Beginner classes Tuesday and Thursday 5 to 6 p.m.; intermediate classes 6 to 7 p.m. Info: www.cityofportwentworth.com or contact Tiffany Lancaster at 912-966-7428 and email@example.com.